Predictions for Apple’s summer event (WWDC 2015)
Every summer Apple hosts its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in San Francisco. Apple reveals the stuff they’ve been working the past year that will help App developers make modern and and cool Apps. Here are some of my predictions of what we might see this coming Monday June 8th at 10am PST:
- iOS 9 – subscription music service using Beats Music acquisition (“Apple Music”?), public transit directions in Apple Maps, Siri improvements, predictive or context-aware Siri, font changed to new “San Francisco” font, under-the-hood reliability improvements and bug fixes.
- Apple TV – expect a major update since Apple TV hasn’t been updated in the past few years, new hardware, subscription streaming TV service, third-party Apple TV Apps, new touch-sensitive remote control. ***UPDATE*** Late breaking chatter says Apple will delay the announcement of a new Apple TV. All the nerds are flabbergasted since this was going to be the most exciting news coming out of WWDC. Let’s hope we’ll still see an announcement!
- Apple Watch – native Apps are coming to Apple Watch, this means speedier, responsive, more powerful Apps coming to your wrist!
- OS X – improved stability and maybe a couple new features, to be named after a famous place or city in California, previous names were “Mavericks” and “Yosemite”, could we see “Tahoe”, “Catalina”, or “Napa”?
- HomeKit – home automation integrated with Siri, use your voice to control lights, thermostat, garage door, possibly a new Home app. We are finally seeing new hardware for sale that integrates with HomeKit.
- Apple Pay – added support for loyalty cards.
What are you most excited about from Apple? Leave a comment! And don’t forget to follow Real Apple Nerd on Facebook and Twitter!
Watch the event LIVE here: http://www.apple.com/live/