New iOS 9 Feature: Send voicemail as an audio file
For years I’ve been annoyed that there was no way to send a voicemail from my iPhone to my wife’s iPhone. With iOS 9, it looks like there will finally be a way!
Here’s how it works:
- You receive a new voicemail.
- Open the Phone app -> Voicemail tab.
- Tap the voicemail you’d like to send and it will expand to show additional buttons.
- Tap the Share Sheet button (the box with the arrow pointing up).
- The share sheet opens with options for sending the voicemail as an audio file to Messages, Mail, Notes, Voice Notes, and possibly other Apps.
Disclaimer: iOS 9 is only at Beta 1 at this point, so there is a chance it could be removed for the final release, but let’s hope it makes it into the final iOS 9 release!
Big thanks to Bearxor on the MacRumors forums for discovering this new feature!
3 thoughts on “New iOS 9 Feature: Send voicemail as an audio file”
June 23, 2015 at 2:57 am
Reblogged this on NEW GENERATION MEDIA TECHNOLOGY.
September 16, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Is this feature on the 6s only, or on the 6 as well, if updated to iOS 9?
September 16, 2015 at 7:09 pm
It’s on the 6 as well (and I think any iPhone that supports iOS 9)!